Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I may have been but HE IS!


So I saw this really cool you tube of Kirk Franklin.  He was talking about how we as humans are the only ones who reminisce.  We love to talk about what we were ie.  "I was a swimmer." or "I was President of my class".  We also say things like, "When I grow up I will be a _______."  But you see, God is not like us.  He never says anything of the sorts.  He doesn't say, "I used to be" or "One day I might be".  He simply says, "I AM".  Yesterday.  Today.  Forever.  I AM.  
 
There is no turning, no changing, no inconsistency with our God.
It seems there is so much shifting going on in our world these days. Corporately. Individually.  From politics to the pulpit to the personal, change seems to surround us in this season like never before.  BUT, today, I have been gently reminded that slap up in the middle of EVERY change, EVERY shift is the One who never changes - who never 'used to be' but always is.....I AM.  With that, I will sleep well tonight!  I pray you do too!

1 comment:

Alan+ said...

My God is the great I AM!