Tuesday, August 19, 2008

He Sees. He Knows.

It was HOT!  Like Africa hot!  Your typical Mobile, August day - 85 degrees by 7:00 a.m. and only climbing from there.  So I decided to do what all insane people do when they suffer from OHS (overly humidified syndrome) of the brain.  I went to the park to run.  

Now, let me set something straight from the get go.  Many say to me, "I see you are a runner", but here's a little secret...I am not REALLY a runner, I am just someone who likes to crank their worship music up to an unhealthy level in their ipod, sing as loud as possible, and run to the beat.  It is not unusual for me to be spotted heading down Grelot road with hands thrown up in the air, nose scrunched and eyes squinted as I belt out the lyrics to "All Consuming Fire..." or the likes.  Worship is a full body experience for this blonde!  

Anyway, as I did my warm up loop at Cottage Hill Park, I found my mind and prayers switching from the topic of "Why does the sun have to be so hot?" to "God, are you there?"

 You see, Alan and I have entered a season of transition upon his recent "retirement" after 20 years in youth ministry - (the last 12 being at Christ Church here in Mobile).  It is a season of many questions...how? when? where?  what?  Some days are filled with many answers...others...not so much.  This day was one of the "others".  

So as I was about ready to break out onto the open road one of my most favorite songs of this season came on my ipod...it goes like this:

I have decided, I have resolved, to wait upon You, Lord. 
My Rock and Redeemer, my Shield and Reward,
I'll wait upon You, Lord.  
As surely as the sun will rise You'll come to us.  Certain as the dawn appears You'll come.
You'll come, Let Your glory fall as you respond to us... Spirit rain...flood into our thirsty hearts again...You'll Come...You'll come 
We are not shaken, we are not moved.
We wait upon You, Lord
Mighty Deliverer, My Triumph and Truth
We wait upon You, Lord....

Disregarding all common sense (and indicators on my heart rate monitor), I began to run harder, singing with greater intensity. I was "goin at it".
  
I thought about how many times in the Word we read that He REMEMBERED His covenant, He KEPT His promises to His children.. He HEARD their cries...
His faithfulness was seen over and over and over again.  

As I remembered His "rememberings" and promises I said, 
"Lord, just knowing that you see....knowing that You know....let that be enough for me. Let me not have to have all the answers today.  Let my heart rest in knowing that You see, knowing that You know."  

At that moment, out of nowhere, I felt one, then two, then many gentle rain drops as they fell from the perfectly sunny sky.  I giggled in my spirit thinking "OH GOD!  You do see!"  (Why, You even see how red my face is!)  :)  

As I made my way out of the park, I quickened my steps right before I turned the corner from Knollwood onto Grelot.  I made the turn still shouting out (notice "singing" was not the 'verbage' I used here)..."I have resolved to wait upon You, Lord..." and lo and behold, as I lifted my head, I saw IT... IT was FANTASTIC!!!!  
My sweet Daddy had painted the most marvelous rainbow over the whole West Mobile sky.    
It was as if He was saying, in that moment, "Kellie, remember, I HAVE INDEED come.  I DO INDEED see and I ABSOLUTELY know. I AM your covenant God.  Rest in that."  
Ahhhh....sigh.....He is JUST TOO MUCH sometimes!  Too much, I say!

So, if you find yourself today, wondering, "God, are you there?", rest assured that He is not just there....He is HERE and EVERYWHERE working it all out on YOUR BEHALF as He responds to you.....He SEES!  He KNOWS!  Take courage!

1 comment:

Annette said...

Blog on my friend. SO MUCH to tell. And you do it beautifully!
(I'm so proud o'you on so many levels :)